With the 2019 housing market in the rearview mirror, UrbanTurf breaks down a series of numbers that provide a picture of the DC market last year.
- 9,278 — The number of homes sold in 2019, up 3% from 2018.
- 4,534 — The number of condos and co-ops that sold in 2019.
- $585,000 — The median home sales price in 2019, the highest annual level on record for DC.
- $1.262 million — The average price of a detached home with 4+ bedrooms in 2019.
- $9.1 million — The sales price for the most expensive home sold last year.
- $49,500 — The sales price for the least expensive home sold.
- 44% — The percentage of homes that sold in 10 days or less.
- 17% — The percentage of homes that sold for more than $1 million.
- $765 — The median price per square foot in West End.
- 1.62 — The months of available housing supply in the fourth quarter in 2019.