DC residents have access to some truly great parks, libraries and, yes, swimming pools. We love showing off these local resources to clients when they are trying to get a feeling for a new neighborhood.
Though it is hard to believe summer’s end is near, the DC government just gave us a reality check when it announced pool closures. Before Labor Day! To add insult to injury they even referenced doing the closures in “waves” with no apparent intended irony.
Anyway, make sure you look at this list before you pack up your towel and sunscreen.
- Outdoor Pools will close in waves beginning on Sunday, August 14, 2016. Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on their respective Sundays; with the exception of Banneker Pool, Francis Pool, Oxon Run Pool, Rosedale Pool and Upshur Pool which will close on Labor Day, Monday September 5, 2016.
- All Spray Parks will close for the season at 7 pm on Labor Day, Monday, September 5, 2016.
- East Potomac Outdoor Pool will close for the season at 6 pm on Sunday, October 16, 2016.
OUTDOOR POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 14 for the season:
Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Fredrick Douglass Ct., SE)
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 21 for the season:
Ward 1: Park View Children’s Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW)
Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 28 for the season:
Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW)
Ward 2: Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE)
Ward 8: Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
– Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 5 for the season:
Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
Ward 2: Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW)
Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
Ward 7: Ridge Road (830 Ridge Rd., SE)
Ward 8: Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, October 16 for the season:
Ward 2: East Potomac Pool (972 Ohio Dr., SW)
Image of Upshur Pool by Mr. T in DC on Flickr.