With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head to American University Park.
For the last few years, AU Park has been one of the fastest-moving and most competitive housing markets in DC, and in 2019, it might be leading the way for both those attributes. As the selection of statistics below show, homes are selling extremely quickly and for well above asking price in the neighborhood which results in it having one of the lowest supplies of homes for sale in the city.
- 104% — The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes that sold this year in AU Park.
- 78% — The percentage of homes in AU Park that sold in ten days or less this year.
- $1,316,364 — The average price for a detached house with four or more bedrooms.
- 12 days — The supply of homes for sale in April, down 66 percent compared to last year.
- 2.33 — The contract ratio in April (the total number of homes under contract in a given period to the overall number of active listings), one of the highest ratios in the city.