There’s nothing quite like summertime in the District. The weather is warm and there are so many fun activities enjoy. Even if you just drive down a few blocks within any pocket of the city, you’ll easily see some folks enjoying soccer on one of the fields and others enjoying fine dining on rooftop terraces.
A common pastime involves the classic outdoor movies in DC. It’s a great way to spend an evening after a long day at work. It’s perfect for a date night or a night out with the whole family. Just grab a blanket or a lawn chair. Pack a few delicious snacks and enjoy the ambiance of a great movie under the open sky. If you’ve never tried this type of entertainment before, you’ll definitely want to put this on your summer calendar. If you are a regular outdoor movie attendee, consider trying a new location and switch it up. After all, there are lots of spots to enjoy the outdoor movies in DC this summer.
Here are a few points you’ll want to consider when it’s time to enjoy the movie:
- First, it’s a good idea to bring and use your bug spray.
- Even though it is wise to stay hydrated, you might want to hold off on drinking a lot of liquids during the movie unless you’d like to go back and forth from the public restroom.
- If you’re bringing a picnic dinner or snacks, remember to bring a small trash bag as well. It’s never considerate to leave trash behind.
- If you know that your crew will want to talk and catch-up during the movie, try to sit closer to the back of the lawn. Even though the festivities are outside, it’s still kind to be considerate of those who came to enjoy the movie with their guests.
- Silence your cell phone.
- And always remember, outdoor movie nights are usually family-friendly events.
Check out these locations for outdoor movies in DC this summer: