With the spring housing market in full swing, UrbanTurf is starting its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we take a look at Chevy Chase DC.
As has been the case for a few years, Chevy Chase has been one of the more competitive DC neighborhood housing markets where high prices, high demand and low supply are constant themes. As the statistics below reveal, that seems to be the case again this year.
- $1.15 million — The average home sales price in Chevy Chase DC in 2019, up 18% from last year.
- $1.351 million — The average home sales price for a detached home, up 21% from last year.
- 91% — The increase in dollar volume of homes sold, up 91% from 2018.
- 4 weeks — The supply of homes on the market in March.
- 100.4% — The ratio of average list price to sale price in Chevy Chase this year.
- 41% — The percentage of homes that sold within ten days of being listed in 2019.