A new report by condo sales and marketing firm McWilliams|Ballard aggregates sales and pipeline information from 2019 to lend some context to the areawide new condo market. Below, UrbanTurf picks out some of the more interesting data points from the report.
- 12% — The year-over-year increase in DC-area new condo sales between 2018 and 2019.
- 20% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in DC proper, accounting for 48% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- 51% — The year-over-year increase in new condo sales in Loudoun County, accounting for 14% of the new condos sold areawide last year.
- Over 60% — The share of new condos sold in DC in 2019 that started sales in 2019.
- 3.2 years — The years of future new condo supply areawide from 2020-2022 that is currently in the pipeline and hasn’t begun sales yet.
- 62% — The share of new condos sold in DC last year which were in buildings larger than six units; the share was 54% in 2018.
- 58% — The share of new condos sold areawide last year which were townhouse-style or in two-over-two buildings; 42% of these units were in Loudoun County.
- 0.8 — The years of new condo supply in DC in 2019. In the area, only Prince William County, Arlington and Prince George’s County had a lower supply, respectively at 0.6, 0.4 and 0.3 years.
- 2,325 — The number of new condo units in the pipeline in DC proper. Areawide, there are 7,059 new condo units in the pipeline.