With the spring housing market underway, UrbanTurf is taking its annual look at the neighborhood markets around the DC region. Today, we head to American University Park.
As has been the case for the past five years, AU Park remains one of the most, if not the most competitive housing market in the city. As the selection of statistics below show, homes are selling extremely quickly and for well above asking price in the neighborhood, which results in it having one of the lowest supplies of homes for sale in the city.
- 102.2% — The average sales price to original list price ratio for homes that sold this year in AU Park.
- 86% — The percentage of homes in AU Park that sold in ten days or less this year.
- $1.217 million — The median sales price for a home in the neighborhood this year.
- 21 days — The supply of homes for sale in March.
- 12 — The average number of days that homes stayed on the market in 2020.