The DC region just had its strongest August housing market ever, with record home prices and record sales driven by record demand and record low interest rates.
Below, UrbanTurf plucked out a few of the more telling statistics from the August market.
- $515,000 — The median home price in the DC region in August, the second highest level on record for the region.
- $648,000 — The median home price for DC in August, the second highest level on record for the city.
- $1.16 million — The median sales price for homes on Capitol Hill, up 25% compared to last year.
- 862 — The number of pending home sales in the District in August, an increase of 48% compared to August 2019.
- 94% — The year-over-year rise in the number of new condo and co-op listings in DC.
- 3,334 — The number of homes selling in ten days or less, up 59% compared to last August.
- 1.30 — The months of supply of active listings in August, a 29 percent year-over-year drop.