For those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, here are some convenient testing sites in the DC area that maintain physical distance recommendations. Bear in mind that there is a limited quantity of tests, results often take up to seven days, and it is generally recommended to self-isolate and call your doctor before seeking testing or treatment. Referrals are required unless stated otherwise.
District of Columbia
- The Children’s National Health System opened the city’s first drive thru and walk-up testing facility at Trinity Washington University for patients up to 22 years old.
- George Washington University Hospital in Foggy Bottom (map) has a walk-up tent to test potential patients with milder cases. Another drive thru facility is planned in the East End.
- Kaiser Permanente members can get a drive thru or walk-up test at the Capitol Hill location (map).
- Southeast’s United Medical Center (map) has a separate area devoted to potential COVID patients; drive thru testing is expected to be added in the coming weeks through a partnership with the GWU Hospital.
Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties
- Maryland governor Larry Hogan previously announced plans to retrofit the state’s vehicle emission test sites into drive thru COVID testing facilities, although this has not yet been implemented in the immediate DC area. The former White Flint mall has also been floated as a potential drive thru test location.
- Drive thru testing began this week at FedEx Field (map) in Largo. Potential patients must first call the Prince George’s County Health Department’s Coronavirus hotline at (301) 883-6627.
- MedStar Health started drive thru testing last week at the Pauline Betz Addie Tennis Center in Bethesda (map).
- Family medicine group Kelly Goodman, NP & Associates also runs two drive thru testing sites in Bethesda, at the Sangamore Road Safeway (map) and pop-ups at the Washington Waldorf School (map).
- Kaiser Permanente members can also get drive thru or walk-up testing at the Gaithersburg (map), Largo (map), Marlow Heights (map), Rockville (map), and Shady Grove (map) locations.
Arlington and Alexandria
- Virginia Hospital Center has opened a drive thru testing facility at 1429 N. Quincy Street (map).
UrbanTurf will continue to update this article as facilities are added; let us know if we are missing any.